Apply to volunteer!
Volunteering at the Family Support Center
Volunteers keep our family shelter, Pear Blossom Place, open 24 hours a day. We schedule at least 2 volunteers to work each shift. Though staff only work 7:00am – 5:00pm, there is always an on-call staff in case of an emergency.
The main office houses a large donation room for our clients’ use. Volunteers may access this room whenever the office is open. We need help unpacking, sorting, and distributing goods.
We will also schedule volunteers for special events that support families and children. When possible, we coordinate group meals, birthday parties, and educational activities.
Pear Blossom Place
|Greeter||5:00pm – 7:30pm||(daily)|
|Overnight Host||7:00pm – 7:00am||(daily)|
|Daytime AM||8:00am – 12:30pm||(weekends/holidays)|
|Daytime PM||12:30pm – 5:00pm||(weekends/holidays)|
|Donation Room||8:00am–5:00pm||(walk in on weekdays)|
|Special Events||as scheduled||(see here)|
How to Get Started
- Complete the application.
- We review the application and get back to you in 48 hours.
- We run background checks.
- Schedule a volunteer orientation.
- Come for a training shift at Pear Blossom Place.
- We pair you with someone who has experience volunteering.
- We give you login information for self-scheduling.
Please reach out to Colton if you have questions or concerns.
|Colton Grainger||Community Engagement Specialist|
|Family Support Center||837 7th Ave SE Olympia, WA|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||360.628.7343 ext. 306|