Accidents and Safety
To comment on safety (volunteers, staff or clients) you may email email@example.com. Moreover, if someone is injured on property, we should give details on the incident and our response by completing an physical injury report.
- Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222
- Child Protective Servies 1-866-363-4276
Reporting Child Abuse or Neglect
We can take note of unsafe behavior in the comment section of the volunteer website, but occasionally, we’ll recognize or suspect child abuse or neglect.
One may discuss the situation with Keiya Johnson, Natalie Skovran, or Trish Gregory. See also the Washington State DSHS guidelines.
Anyone witnessing child abuse or neglect needs to report it to Child Protective Services (1-866-END-HARM) within 48 hours of the witnessed event.1 Keep track of the following:
- Date and time of calls to Child Protective Services
- Child’s name
- Child’s age or birthdate
- Name and address of parent or guardian and other children in the home (if known)
- Any statements made by the child (DO NOT interview child)
- The nature and extent of the injury or injuries, neglect, and/or sexual abuse
- Any evidence of previous incidences of abuse or neglect, including nature and extent
- Any other information which may be helpful in establishing the cause of the child’s injury or injuries, neglect or death, and the identity of the perpetrator or perpetrators.
These reports may become legal documents. They are to be held in confidence by the reporter and shared only with supervising Family Support Center staff.